Mission Purpose

MISSION PURPOSE:

INVITE OTHERS TO COME UNTO CHRIST BY HELPING THEM RECEIVE THE RESTORED GOSPEL THROUGH FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AND HIS ATONEMENT, REPENTANCE, BAPTISM, RECEIVING THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST AND ENDURING TO THE END. Preach My Gospel, page1

Favorite Scripture

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some sould to repentance; and this is my joy.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

6 MONTH MARK

Well, hello again! It seems like it was just last week that I was emailing you... But its time again! How are you all?

This past week in Kakogawa was pretty interesting. It was kind of rough, because randomly all of our investigators got busy and weren't really able to meet. We only met with one of our yakusokusha. But don't worry! This next week will be way better!

Our beach party last week was pretty fun. We had a ton of steak and stuff, and some smoothies. The mission president came and brought chips and salsa, and we all just had a good time there. :D sorry for not being able to write so much last week.

Yeah, Michael is getting ready to leave. Pretty crazy stuff. He leaves around my 8 month mark, so that means that when I leave, he'll still have 1/3 of his mission left. So we'll end up being separated by like 2/3rds of a year... But its ok, because pretty much all of my friends are staggered by a transfer or two. Starting from Izak, we've all overlapped, so I don't think that's there has been or will be a time until we're all out that one of us weren't in the MTC. Cause before Izak left, I came in and saw him, and before I left, Andrew came, and then before he left, Bean came. Actually, right now there might not be anyone.... but Kenny goes in this week, so it'll be back on track. but yeah. interesting stuff.

This week, we had a big conference in Kobe with the Mission President and with Elder Aoyagi of the seventy. When we got there, we found out that Elder Aoyagi was going to do everything in Japanese. But everyone was like "Don't worry, they've got translation into english for all the new missionaries." When I heard that, I thought about it, and I felt like I didn't need it, so I turned it down. I was a little worried, but I felt like I could do it. And guess what, I did it! I pretty much understood it all, so I felt pretty proud of myself for being able to do that. :D

Well, what is everyone going to do this summer? Sounds like you're all having fun back at home. So if Meghan goes to Orem High, where is Lauren going to go? She'll have had siblings at all the high schools in Orem, so is she going to go out of orem for high school, or go to the same school as one of her older siblings? (PS Timpanogos is the best. )

Long a u rong e nong! song e nong dong mong e a nong e mong a i long!!! also, keep practicing Japanese. "Otoire wa doko desu ka?" is a pretty useful phrase. But like I said, learn how to introduce yourself or something! :D

well anyway, we don't have a whole ton planned today for Preparation Day, but I'll send this email now. Love you all! Can't wait to write you next week! I'll actually try and write you a normal letter today or something. I think I'll have time for it, so I'll get on that. Well anyway, love you all. Good bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment