Mission Purpose

MISSION PURPOSE:

INVITE OTHERS TO COME UNTO CHRIST BY HELPING THEM RECEIVE THE RESTORED GOSPEL THROUGH FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AND HIS ATONEMENT, REPENTANCE, BAPTISM, RECEIVING THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST AND ENDURING TO THE END. Preach My Gospel, page1

Favorite Scripture

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some sould to repentance; and this is my joy.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Week 2

So Jordan pulled a fast one on me yesterday. He always teases me, and knows that I am very gullible and will believe anything. This is what he sent at 3:00 pm.

Well, it's been another week here at the MTC. Nothings really changed. Hope you guys have fun at home! Hopefully more exciting stuff happens next week. I'll write you then.

Needless to say, he had me in tears thinking that this was all he was going to send. I had hoped that he would have responded to the many letters we had sent over the week. I responded with: That's all I get? Did you get our letters? Anyway...after about 20 minutes I received this. (3:28 pm)

Hahaha just kidding! See, I can still have a sense of humor here. :P This past week has been pretty intense. Our investigator that we've been teaching was committed to be baptized. And now we don't teach him anymore. He teaches us! I guess the whole time, we've had two teachers, but one of them has been pretending to be an investigator. So that was a pretty unexpected twist. Japanese is coming along all right. Last night, Mattson Choro and I were teaching a lesson to Evans Shimai, who is now being our investigator. We told her that with the gospel, she can have an eternal family. Then she told us that her family wasn't very happy, and that it wasn't a very peaceful one either. She is pretending to be a mother of a four year old kid. I felt really bad, but I couldn't say anything to help. She also told us a sad story about how she had prayed once, but something bad happened. I didn't understand the majority of what she said, so I couldn't reply. We kind of just heartlessly moved on with the lesson. :-/ Its been a real indicator that I have lots to study. I didn't come here to just ignore people. I want to be able to help them with whatever concerns they might have. I'm definitely going to work hard to become the best I can be. (I want to be the very best. Like no one ever was. sorry. Pop culture reference.)

Anyway, you set up a blog? So now I can't just post anything private? Everything that I type is just easily accessible by anyone? Right this very instant, one of my friends could be reading this.... O__o haha, I'm just kidding! That's really cool that my friends care enough that they want a blog. Now, if only they would reply to my letters... :P Only Bean and Michael have responded so far. Michael's family sent me a nice package with... wait for it.... MORE FOOD! :D I'm seriously going to have to work out instead of play four square if I keep eating like this. Today, I really haven't done anything. P day is a blessing and a curse. All I've done is go to the temple and get my haircut. Haven't even written any letters.

By this time, I've got your response to my last email. haha. Yes, I did get your letter. Feel free to find awesome pictures of my friends and family on facebook or something and send them to me. And my friends can do the same if they want. I can get like, a little binder or something and put all the letters, pictures, random notes or drawings, and other things I get from people in it.

It's kinda weird here. I still feel like after a while, I'm going to go home, eat some real food, pull out my phone, text my friends, head over to one of their houses, and basically live life like normal. It really hasn't set in that I'll be here for two years... But if it goes by as quickly as this last week has, then I'll be home in no time!

Remember how I said that all the Elders in my district were jealous of my letters? Well, they still are. There hasn't been a day that I haven't got a letter. Hahaha I feel super popular!

Well, I've got to get my laundry out of the washer soon, and my half hour is pretty much over. So to all my friends and family, I'll write you next week!!

Have some more smileys. :D :D ^_^ O__o -___-

I was missing Jordan's dry humor, so I guess wishing that he could come lay on my bed and tease me came back to bite me in the butt. The tears paid off though, and he still gave me what I really wanted most, and that was to hear that he is doing good, and that he is enjoying the MTC life. Love you Jord!!! 

-Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment