Mission Purpose

MISSION PURPOSE:

INVITE OTHERS TO COME UNTO CHRIST BY HELPING THEM RECEIVE THE RESTORED GOSPEL THROUGH FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AND HIS ATONEMENT, REPENTANCE, BAPTISM, RECEIVING THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST AND ENDURING TO THE END. Preach My Gospel, page1

Favorite Scripture

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some sould to repentance; and this is my joy.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Week 1

Hey Mom! Not sure how long I have on this, so I'll just write the whole family's letter here. So, P-day is tuesday for us. They've also got computers in the laundromat so I'm typing this while my laundry is going.

After you dropped me off, everything happened so fast that I didn't really have any time to react. I was just slightly overwhelmed with everything. My guide and I went to get all the books they got for the Japanese elders. It seriously has 18 or so books in it. I got dropped off in my classroom and met my teacher, Evans Shimai. Shimai is sister in nihongo. Nihongo is Japanese in Nihongo. :P I'm so glad that I have the foundation (small as it is) of Japanese that I do, because from the moment I met her, my teacher spoke Japanese nonstop. No english at all. It was hard at first, and very intimidating, but by now I've been able to really pick up on it. President Hadfield was right. By the end of day 2, we were praying in Japanese. Day 3 we were teaching an investigator in Japanese and bearing our testimony. I think that teaching him is one of the hardest things that we've been doing. The first lesson, I'm pretty sure we spent 10 minutes just sitting there with awkward stares because we had no idea what he was saying. My companion is Elder Mattson. He's a big guy who likes football and stuff like that. Imagine him next to me, haha. But he's really cool and we've become pretty good friends. There are 7 people total in my district, and all but two have had Japanese classes in the past. Sometimes during study time, its hard to concentrate because we're all such good friends already, but we're working on it.

On wednesday, 21 Japanese missionaries entered the MTC. One of those was me. There were only 6 elders and 1 sister before we came, and now theres 24 elders and 4 sisters. The Japanese branch is probably the best branch here. We're all friends already. I was really sad about leaving my friends and family, and even though they're no replacement, my branch feels like friends and family now too. Everyday, we've got about an hour of gym time. The majority of the Japanese branch plays four square, and it's really fun. We're all just friends here.

Don't worry about me. Everything here is good. Some days I feel a little overwhelmed, a little sad. But It never lasts long, and I know that this is where I'm supposed to be. I was going to bring my journal so I could remember everything I wanted to tell you about, but I forgot it....

Arynn and Dad, thanks so much for your letters. I've got a lot of letters from friends, and I think the other Elders are jealous. But I don't care. I really enjoy them and all the love and support that they bring. Also, Lauren, thanks for the huge package. I have no idea what I'm going to do with all that food!! And Mike and Camille sent me like 12 cupcakes. I'm going to have to share all this food with my district. I spent like all day today writing letters. I sent five of them out today. 

Thanks for the little clip of facebook. haha it really shows that I'm loved. I've honestly never felt so popular until this last week before I left. It really seems like twelve weeks in the MTC is going to take forever, and that two years will never end. People say it goes by quickly, but I haven't really felt like that yet.

I really don't know what to say. I've kinda been thinking about this email all week, but I don't even know what to say. Just know that I love you lots. I only get 30 minutes of email a week, but I can read letters all week. I like the quotes but also you can do what Dad and Arynn did and write a letter, because then I can read it whenever I went. Dear Elder .com or whatever is cool because it's free. 

So far, I've seen like a million people that I know here. Izak, Craig, Joe, Danielle.... the list goes on and on. 

Do you think you can send me my Japanese binder? I forgot to bring it, and I think it would really help. Also, if you could send me pictures of my family and friends, that would be great! Then I can put them on the wall and let everyone see the people I love so much. 

Well, my time is growing short. Mom and Dad, just know that I love you, and that you will be getting another email next year. I miss you guys so much, but usually I'm too busy studying or working to let that get to me. As for my beautiful sisters, I hope that I'm setting a good example for you while I'm here. I'll miss you guys so much too, but I'll be home before you know it. I really can't say it enough. I love you all. I hope you don't miss me too much though. There's no reason to be sad. I'm doing the Lord's work, and so He's going to be with me. Don't worry. I'm in the best hands. Every night I pray for you guys. Love you so much! Until next week!!!!! :D :D :) :) ^_^ smiley face attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment