Mission Purpose

MISSION PURPOSE:

INVITE OTHERS TO COME UNTO CHRIST BY HELPING THEM RECEIVE THE RESTORED GOSPEL THROUGH FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AND HIS ATONEMENT, REPENTANCE, BAPTISM, RECEIVING THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST AND ENDURING TO THE END. Preach My Gospel, page1

Favorite Scripture

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some sould to repentance; and this is my joy.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Week 8



今日、私は日本語だけつかいたいとおもいます。だいじょうぶですか?たのしいかもしれません。でも、むずかしいです。(I think today, I want to use only Japanese. Are you okay? Might be fun. But it is difficult)

Well, I give up. Plus I'm not sure if that's even right. :P

So, nothing really has happened this last week. Well, that's a lie, but it feels that way. I enjoyed those comics you sent me. Unfortunately, yeah, I've gained a little weight here. Not too much though. :( But I've started biking now so that I'll be in shape for all the biking in Japan. That comic about little kids learning Japanese reminded me of a story that Elder Evans (A member of the 70, and also Evans Shimai's father in law.) shared with us in a devotional. He went to Japan too, and while he was there, a dog ran out and started barking at him. He kept trying to shoo the dog away, and then an angry owner came out and yelled something at the dog. The dog stopped barking and returned to the owner. Elder Evans' companion then said "Well, if that dog can learn Japanese, there's hope for you." :D maybe theres hope for me too.

Thanks for all the mission call updates! That's way exciting. Want to hear something else awesome? In my classroom building, the bottom floor has korean and manderin learners, the second floor has Japanese and German, and the third floor has tagalog. Maybe thats where the manderin is at. Anyway, I guess right now there are only 27 people in the German branch, but on the 6th, somewhere around 104 new german missionaries are coming in, including Nathan and Andrew. The german districts that are here already are going to move to the bottom floor, and all the new german speakers will be on the second floor. Which means that, for like five days, I'll be able to see Andrew and Nathan, because they'll be on the same floor as me! And then after that, Bean might be in the same building as Andrew! How awesome is that?!

Want to hear a funny thing about Japanese? in Japanese, "Scriptures" is 聖典(seiten). That's pronounced "Say-ten". Which is kind of an awkward thing to say.... :P When I'm praying and I want to say I'm thankful for the scriptures, it's kind of funny. we were talking to someone at a devotional, and Elder Webber has a case for his scriptures he made with those characters on it, and I was like "Don't those kanji mean Seiten?" and the person we were talking to was like "Why would you put Satan on your scripture case?" おもしろいですね。(Funny, is not it?)

AHHHH I just want to be in Japan already, but I really don't know enough Japanese  :P  I'm kind of freaking out because it's coming up so soon. Like I wrote in the letter I wrote to Arynn, sometimes, when I feel stressed out or anything, it helps me to remember that Dad has been in the same situation as me. I'm like "Dad's been here before. I can do it too." I think it's awesome. One day, we're going to go to Japan together.

Remember how I keep telling dad to volunteer at the TRC? Well, with all the new missionaries that are coming in, they're trying to find ways to save space. So they've been trying out teaching TRC over skype! We've done it the past two weeks. It's really weird just talking to a computer. Their goal is to have us talk to 日本人 (Japanese person) over skype! こわい (it’s scary) They talk so fast! There's no way that I would be able to understand them.

So, I've been using some Japanese in this letter, but now I realize that you probably won't understand it. let me help you with that. translate.google.com   <--- I hope that works. I can never remember the URL. oh well.

OH!! Remember how I said that we have devotionals every Sunday and Tuesday? Right after I sent you your letter last week, guess who we hear in the devotional? Oh, just someone named ELDER HOLLAND. It was way awesome! His talks are the best. Every Sunday night, we get to watch a film of some old talk or something, and there is always a talk by him on it. On Sunday, we watched the Joseph Smith movie in Japanese. I barely understood it, but it was fun anyway.

Ah, I can never think of what to say when it comes time to write these emails. Any specific questions for next time? Do my friends have any questions they want answered on the blog? I suppose you can just ask Facebook or whatever. If that even exists anymore. I have no contact with the outside world, so for all I know, when I get back, the world will have moved past Facebook and be on something else. Oh well.

So yeah, I don't really need anything here in the MTC. I'm kind of worried about getting all my stuff to fit in suitcases and make sure they weigh under 50 pounds and stuff. Oh well, I'll tackle that some other time.

Oh one last thing. So Mikkola 長老 and Lazaro 長老 have still been having visa problems, so they're going to leave with us on the 11th. Lazaro 長老 pulled me aside today in the residence hall. He handed me a Book of Mormon and two pieces of stone. He told me that this Book of Mormon has been here since 2011 or something in the Japanese Branch, just passed down from senpai to kohai. It has tons of testimonies written in it. He said that the rules are that you pass it to your favorite kohai and write your testimony and a note in it. One of the stones is from the Salt Lake temple, and the other is from the Tokyo temple. It's a really cool tradition that I'm glad to be a part of.

Anyway, 30 minutes are up. I was too busy reading those puns from Michael. He's read them to me before, but they get me every time. :D maybe if friends on Facebook have anything to say about/to me, you could copy and paste them into emails for me.

Well, I love you all! 愛しています!(I love you) Only like 3 more weeks until these are from Japan, I have more than 30 minutes to work with, and they'll actually have important stuff in them. When I get my travel plans, I'll tell you about them and when you can expect a phone call from me. Also, My Japanese name tag should be coming soon. I'm excited for that! :D

Love, キャスパー長老 (Elder Casper)

SMILEY FACE ATTACK! :D:D:D:):):):):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:D:D:D:D:D:D:D ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

O________________________________________________________________________________________o   <--- What even is this?

No comments:

Post a Comment