Mission Purpose

MISSION PURPOSE:

INVITE OTHERS TO COME UNTO CHRIST BY HELPING THEM RECEIVE THE RESTORED GOSPEL THROUGH FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AND HIS ATONEMENT, REPENTANCE, BAPTISM, RECEIVING THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST AND ENDURING TO THE END. Preach My Gospel, page1

Favorite Scripture

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some sould to repentance; and this is my joy.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

HELLO, HELLO!! START OF TRANSFER 5


JULY 14, 2013

WOOOOOOOH today is the start of my fifth transfer, and guess what? Headed to Kouchi, the largest area in the Mission. its is the south part of shikoku, the fourth island of Japan. Because its the largest area in the mission, its going to have 4 missionaries there. And my new companion and I will be opening up Kouchi 2. My new companion is.... I DON'T KNOW! Why? Because I'm training a new brand missionary there! Who is this mystery missionary? I don't know. He's still in the MTC right now. But I'll meet him on Thursday! woooohooo. Excited!

Sorry, I don't have a whole bunch of time to write a letter today, because we are going to go to a ward BBQ today, and also because I now have to pack for my transfer. Its been a nice 5 months here in Kakogawa, but I'm excited to leave. Unfortunately, I'm a little nervous to be leading and training, and my Japanese still isn't as good as I want it to be. Its good enough though that I can handle myself being with two Japanese companions. That's right, until Thursday, I have two companions, and they are both Nihonjin.

Um.... This past week was pretty interesting. I contacted a person that I thought was Japanese, but he was from Canada, had lived in Japan for 5 years, and speaks absolutely no Japanese. but he's meeting with us on Wednesday.

Um.... Sorry, I gotta write my mission president. If I have time I'll write you back. But if not, next time I write you will be from Kouchi. Its a branch, and its very inaka. So... housing? bleh. OK, well, see you! Love you!

Elder Casper
 
JULY 21, 2013
 
Greetings from Kouchi! Where is Kouchi, you ask? Just what does my area entail? Well, that, my dear family, is a very good question.
Kouchi is on Shikoku, one of the four main islands of Japan. It is located on the south coast, kind of in the middle of the coast. You may be curious to know just how big the area is. Well.... If you look at a map of Japan, look at Shikoku. Now imagine there is a line dividing it half and half, top and bottom. The bottom half is my area! its HUGE!!!!! I'm still not sure what is even in this area at all. Haha. But here in Kouchi city, there is a castle that we are going to today. There is also a tabehodai shabushabu place that we are going to today. :D
It is a very nice branch here, and church was great yesterday! the members are way cool, and I want to do the best I can to help them out.
So, now you are probably wondering just who my companion is. Well, his name is..... Elder Marquez! He's from Mexico! I'll be honest, I didn't expect to be companions with anyone from Mexico! His English is way good though, so there are no language problems. Except for when I speak Japanese. He is very excited to work, and isn't afraid to get out there and talk to people about God and ask for their phone numbers. :P
Its a little weird being here in Kouchi, because we don't have any investigators. There is another companionship here, and they have their investigators, but we "opened" it up as a two companionship area, so we are starting from the ground up. Which is pretty interesting. Don't worry about us though! We have faith that the Lord will guide us to those that will hear us. After all, there are 11 people here in Kouchi that are ready right now to accept the Gospel.
And I also bought a bike! So that's good! Finally riding a bike again is a good feeling.
I'm still pretty nervous to train and stuff, but I'm trying my best. We'll work hard so that we can see some miracles here in Kouchi.
I love you guys! I wrote you all letters last week (very small letters) but I haven't had a chance to send them out. So I'll try to do that this week.
Well, there are only 3 computers here in the place we are emailing, and four of us, so that is a problem. I'll probably end this here. Not much to report on, but I love you guys! I'm surprised by how quickly time is going. Next week is my 8 month mark. That makes it my 1/3rd mark. sanbun no ichi. crazy stuff. Anyway, Love you guys so much! Goodbye!
Elder Casper


No comments:

Post a Comment