Mission Purpose

MISSION PURPOSE:

INVITE OTHERS TO COME UNTO CHRIST BY HELPING THEM RECEIVE THE RESTORED GOSPEL THROUGH FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AND HIS ATONEMENT, REPENTANCE, BAPTISM, RECEIVING THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST AND ENDURING TO THE END. Preach My Gospel, page1

Favorite Scripture

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some sould to repentance; and this is my joy.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

NEW AREA


So, my new area is pretty great. Kochi city is pretty decent sized. Its not huge, but I think it might be bigger than Kakogawa. Hayward Choro called me the other day, and he said he liked Kouchi (he was here for some exchanges) and that it reminded him of like, San Francisco. But, smaller than that. If we leave the city of kouchi, however, it gets reallllllllllly rural and like no one is there. Unfortunately, in Japan, going door to door is not very effective, so those really small places are kind of hard to work in.

The Branch is really good, and the people are amazing. They work so hard, and they are so strong in their religion. We had a ward activity the other day where we went to a members house, had dinner, and they did fireworks. as missionaries, we just watched. It was pretty entertaining.

So, Elder Marquez and I haven't had any investigators or any lessons this whole transfer. That is, we hadn't until yesterday! We were planning on teaching a lesson at church to this nonmember that comes to church every week, but he left during sacrament and we didn't have anyone to teach again.... but then, out of the blue, this lady walks into the church and asks if she can learn about God here. We were like "YEAH!" and she shared a ton of things with us, which just proved to us that she was super prepared to meet us. When we asked when she would be able to meet with us, she was like "whenever. any day. Every day. Tomorrow? Tuesday? I'll meet whenever." She was so excited to hear that God has a plan for her. We are going to meet with her tonight! Wish me luck!

Um, other than that, nothing huge has been going on. Lots of training, lots of travel, lots of finding, lots of heat. I learned how to play Japanese chess the other day. I lost, and then I beat Ogasawara choro, the nihonjin in our apartment at it. Then he was like "no. I need to win. Lets play again." We played again today during breakfast and I lost, so he's pretty happy again, but it was funny when I won.

I got a ton of pictures from Michael now that he's a missionary! I'm glad that he finally got out here.

Hmm... how was I prepared to be a missionary? Well, I was always taught from a young age about this church and about Gods plan for me. I've really come to appreciate that fact as I see so many people that have no idea who God even is. I always just had that expectation of becoming a missionary. It was never like "IF I become a missionary...." it was always "When I become a missionary..." Even just Dad bringing us to eat Japanese food helped me prepare for the culture here. Also being taught how to clean, how to wash my laundry, how to cook some things really helped. Watching parents who were active, who lived worthily, went to the temple, prayed with us, went to church with us.... it all just adds up.

Sorry, I'm having a hard time thinking. Is that alright? Well anyway, thanks for all the love and support, as always! I still have those letters that I haven't sent yet. :P Oh well, as soon as I can find my stamps, I'll send them. I pretty much haven't unpacked anything here because our apartment is super small. Well anyway, love you all! Have a great week!

Elder Casper

:D :D :D :P :P :P O______o ^___^ (ノ^o^)ノ

No comments:

Post a Comment