Mission Purpose

MISSION PURPOSE:

INVITE OTHERS TO COME UNTO CHRIST BY HELPING THEM RECEIVE THE RESTORED GOSPEL THROUGH FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AND HIS ATONEMENT, REPENTANCE, BAPTISM, RECEIVING THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST AND ENDURING TO THE END. Preach My Gospel, page1

Favorite Scripture

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some sould to repentance; and this is my joy.

Monday, March 18, 2013

\(・-・)/ \(^-^)/


Hello Hello! Well, its been another great week here in Japan! I know Dad thinks that I don't have enough time to write a long email because of the stuff that you send me, but its just because I don't have very much time in general. That being said, I'm going to write you a good letter this week, but it might be cut short because of time. So this next coming week, I'm going to Kobe for a trainer/trainee meeting. It'll be cool to see all of my friends again, and also see my kohai who came to Japan just this past week or so. That reminds me! Because of the age change, the time spent in the MTC was shortened, right? Well, in order to align themselves with the MTCs around the world, every mission around the world had a 4 week transfer, instead of the regular six. So pretty much, everyone whose time wasn't shortened in the MTC has their mission shortened by 2 weeks. So I'm already on my second transfer! and I'll end up coming home two weeks early, probably. Its like I left for my mission on the 14th of November, instead of the 28th. So yeah, last week I was able to purchase my electronic dictionary. It wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be, and it is really useful! I took pictures, so maybe I'll send those to you. Also after that, we went and ate at KFC in the shotengai by our apartment. It wasn't very good, but they gave us water bottles with our meal because of some Dragon Ball Z promotion that they have. So now I have a Dragon Ball Z water bottle. :P

Oh, ok. There is a story that I have to share. Last week, we went to go visit a family in the evening. It was all dark outside, and we were riding our bikes there. While we went, we also tried stopping everyone that we could. I saw one person in front of me, so I decided to stop him. I started to say Konnichiwa, and I stopped my bike. As I did, the man let out the loudest, most realistic yell I have ever heard (Seriously, this was like, epic war charge shout level) and just started running towards us!!! It was pretty frightening to say the least, but he ended up running right past us. At that point, we were more confused than scared. Then he stopped and started calmly walking. He started crossing the street, and then did it again! At that point we just thought it was hilarious! Hahaha it was way weird, and way funny.

Also this past week, we saw a few miracles! We were going with one of our investigators to his house to visit with him and teach him a short message. When we got there, his mom and mom's friend were there too! We visited for a bit, and then started sharing a message that we had prepared. Instead of just our investigator, they all listened in. We bore testimony of the Book of Mormon, and asked if he had any questions. He was like Yeah, what is God's plan for us? So we started talking a little about the plan of salvation. When we were done, we asked if we could come back, and they all said yes! Going back on Wednesday! Also we found a family that we are going to visit on Thursday and teach about family home evening! Pretty fun stuff!

AHHHHH rush time now. WOOHOO Savanna got her mission call! That's exciting! Same mission as Joseph Talbert, right? WOOT WOOT Michael finally put his papers in! I would pick Kobe Japan for my guess, but anywhere in Japan is alright with me! ;) Carly is engaged!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH thats pretty crazy! Congrats to her! Arynn seems like she is really enjoying Lacrosse! Tear it up Arynn! Running out of time! Love you all! Going to cut it off now! SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
\(・-・)/ \(・-・)/ \(・-・)/ \(・-・)/ \(・-・)/ \(・-・)/ :D :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment