Mission Purpose

MISSION PURPOSE:

INVITE OTHERS TO COME UNTO CHRIST BY HELPING THEM RECEIVE THE RESTORED GOSPEL THROUGH FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AND HIS ATONEMENT, REPENTANCE, BAPTISM, RECEIVING THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST AND ENDURING TO THE END. Preach My Gospel, page1

Favorite Scripture

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some sould to repentance; and this is my joy.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

GIFT FOR MOM


Wwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Its that time of the week again! :D
So, first off, as you probably saw from Izak's blog post, I'm allowed to email friends now, so that's cool! Or at least it would be if I had all their emails... :P
This week has pretty much been full of miracles. Its crazy. The first thing I want to say is for you Mom. I'm not sure if you've seen anything about it on the mission blog, but we as a mission are planning something big for mothers day this year! Its on May 12th, so that'll be when I can call home, but it also is when some other big stuff is going to happen. You know that I love you so much Mom, and I really feel your love and am so grateful for all that you've done for me to get me to where I am. We have decided as a mission to set a goal. Every area in our mission is going to baptize someone on Mother's Day, as a sort of special gift for our moms! For these investigators, it'll be the day that they really start on their path to return to Heavenly Father. Hopefully for you, it'll be a way for me to show you how hard I'm working, and how much I love you. Now, they told us about this goal two weeks ago, and not very many areas have an investigator who is planning on getting baptized on the 12th yet, but I want you to know that as of yesterday, we have one for mother's day! :D But we're not going to stop with one! I'll let you know what comes of that though.
Actually, funny story. The man that became a yakusokusha (Investigator with a baptismal date) yesterday has an interesting story. He was a former investigator that we found in our area book and visited once. He set up an appointment with us, but never showed up. We tried visiting a few times, but he never was there. He randomly visited yesterday, and he was there, and came with us to the church so that we could teach him a little bit. Now, the funny thing is that he has already been baptized once. But he never showed up to his confirmation... So that's a pretty interesting circumstance I guess. But from what we've gathered, its been long enough that he needs to be baptized again. We taught him about the gift of the Holy Ghost, and that he needs that, and he realized how important it is. Now, we think that he's going to need more time to get there, because I think there are a few things that he didn't really understand.
Hmmm, I'm not really sure what to say. Tomorrow I'm going to Kobe for a trainer trainee meeting, so I'm sure that you'll see some pictures on the blog from that. It'll be nice, because I'll see my friends and kohai from the MTC. Today we planned on going to Himeji and seeing the castle there, but I actually don't think its going to happen because a few things ended up taking too much time today. That said, I'm going to have send a shorter email today. :P sorry! I'm glad that everyone is enjoying their lacrosse and track and such. Lauren, cheer up a bit! No one is going to forget you, hahaha.
One more story from this week. our ward had a party this week in order to raise money to send some of the youth (namely the one young woman) to EFY. It was a dinner at the church, with some members singing and stuff. We didn't really plan on going because none of our investigators were going to go. We were actually at some former investigator's house visiting (he became a new investigator, by the way) when we got a call from a member saying that two of our friends were at the dinner party! It turns out that this kid that we had an appointment with last week that he didn't come to ended up coming the week after to the dinner party! It was an accident, because he didn't know that there was a party that night. ( I think he wrote the week down wrong or something on when our appointment was.) Well, the kid actually brought his friend, and then another one of their friends showed up, making three new people at the ward party. They had a good time and it was a good way for them to get introduced to the church. It was pretty exciting, so we rode our bikes as fast as we could to the church and ended up staying with them through the whole thing.
Welllll, that's about it. Well, actually that's not it, but I'll save the rest for some other day. :) I hope that everyone is doing good back at home, and I'm glad to be able to write you each week. Thanks so much for all that you've done for me. お父さん、日本語を勉強していますか?(Are you studying your Japanese, father?) You better, haha. Maybe I'll only write you in Japanese, mwahahaha. Well, I'm not that good. Yet. But I'm going to keep working. Anyway, 愛しています(I love you) SEEE YOOOUUUU!
Just so you know, I was able to invite the man to "be baptized again by someone holding the priesthood authority of God". I dont know if I'll get that chance again, haha

No comments:

Post a Comment