Mission Purpose

MISSION PURPOSE:

INVITE OTHERS TO COME UNTO CHRIST BY HELPING THEM RECEIVE THE RESTORED GOSPEL THROUGH FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AND HIS ATONEMENT, REPENTANCE, BAPTISM, RECEIVING THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST AND ENDURING TO THE END. Preach My Gospel, page1

Favorite Scripture

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some sould to repentance; and this is my joy.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

605 DAYS AND COUNTING - MINUS 2 WEEKS :)


Well, alrighty. Its been another week here in beautiful kakogawa! I'm going to have to type fast, because there are some things I want to say, but not a whole lot of time to write it all in because today, we're going to go to Himeji and see the awesome castle and stuff there. That's going to be exciting because all the Sakura are in full bloom now! Its pretty awesome to see all the cherry blossoms everywhere. I guess in Japan, spring is huge. Right now its Haru Yasumi, which is spring break, so lots of kids are out of school... I think. I'm generally a little confused on everything that's happening. Waterbury 長老 and I try and speak Japanese all the time, so I miss out on a few things. Haha

Well, some unfortunate news I have to share is that the investigator we had for mothers day dropped us. Well, basically he lives with his mom, and his mom is super against religion. She said not to ever go back again, and she also said that he actually hated us going there, and we don't really have any way of disproving that. So for the time being, it looks like missionaries wont be able to go back there and visit him. But don't worry! We're going to work hard to find someone else for mothers day!!

One of our investigators, Nakajima Kyodai (中島兄弟) is doing pretty good. He came to church yesterday, and actually brought his girlfriend too! It was pretty interesting. He's part of another religion that believes in Christ's teachings but isn't christian. He likes coming to church, which is apparent because he invited his girlfriend to come! He said that he wasn't interested in converting, but who knows? It was kind of awkward at church because the lesson that the teacher taught to the class after sacrament meeting was about the word of wisdom, and Nakajima Kyodai likes smoking and stuff, but he seemed alright at the lesson.

Speaking of church, I was asked by surprise to give a talk yesterday. I had no time to prepare, so it was kind of rough, but I'm happy to say that I was able to piece together somewhat of a coherent thing. Mostly it was just a testimony, but that's alright.

Funny stuff, two days ago, we went out to leave for an appointment, but found out that my tire was flat. We had to run so that we weren't late. then yesterday, on our way to a members house, Elder Waterburys tire popped. We just got it fixed before this email.

Well, have fun listening to general conference this week. We get it a week late because it has to be translated into Japanese, but don't worry, I get to watch it in English. But I'm excited. Well, I'll have to write more next week! And send pictures! Woohoo!

By the way, what could you put in a package to make it weigh that much? hahaha. Oh well, thank you! Love you! BYE!!!

:D :D:D:d :) :):) Smiley attacks are a lot harder on Japanese keyboards

No comments:

Post a Comment