Mission Purpose

MISSION PURPOSE:

INVITE OTHERS TO COME UNTO CHRIST BY HELPING THEM RECEIVE THE RESTORED GOSPEL THROUGH FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AND HIS ATONEMENT, REPENTANCE, BAPTISM, RECEIVING THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST AND ENDURING TO THE END. Preach My Gospel, page1

Favorite Scripture

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some sould to repentance; and this is my joy.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

2 Weeks Worth

APRIL 14, 2013


Well, this past week was pretty interesting. Its actually only been 6 days since I last wrote you, but some pretty interesting things have happened. Remember that guy I told you we met in the Shoutengai after our long weekly planning session. Well, he's way cool, and he's actually working to baptized on Mother's Day! And I have to say, I really believe that he's going to be baptized on that day. He is a way strong investigator. We taught him about keeping the Sabbath Day holy, and it turned out that that day, he was putting in his schedule for work for the next week. I guess they write what days they would prefer to have off. He decided right there to ask for Sundays off. The day we taught him was actually really crazy. He likes bike riding, so to help strengthen him and build a good relationship with him, we went with him in the morning to go biking. We came back to the church and taught him about Faith, Repentance, Baptism, the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. He really understood it all. After we were done, as we were walking to the entrance, he stopped and said "I feel a crazy strong power right now. Its so hard to explain. Can you feel it?" and we were like "That's God telling you that this is right." It was way cool. He left, and then we rode our bikes across town for a lesson, back for a second one, and then across town again for a third lesson. Then we had a baptismal interview in Akashi! It was way packed.

Well, we don't have any time today, because Elder Waterbury is packing and stuff. He leaves next week, so that's pretty sad. Oh, before I forget, we had an earthquake on Thursday! It was pretty crazy! It woke me up. Our cell phone went off because I guess they have some system that sends a cmail to all cell phones where there is an earthquake. there was no real damage though, so don't worry. Our microwave fell into our sink, but that's about it. I took a picture, so I'll have to send that next week. Well, we really are pretty busy today!  Love you all! See you next week.

APRIL 21, 2013

Well, thanks for the email! I realized that you were in New York as soon as I got Dad's letter, so its all alright. That's way awesome about singing in Carnegie Hall! Did you record it or anything? I'm glad that you had fun there.
Well, as I learned today, for transfer 3 I will remain in Kakogawa, but of course with a new companion. Elder Hayward. Waterbury Choro says that he's awesome, so I'm pretty excited. It's going to be a party.
This last week, we did a lot of stuff. Waterbury Choro and I bought a lot of food and have been making real Japanese meals, so that's pretty fun! Although he'll be in Utah soon, so I guess you can just ask him about all sorts of things.
I'm pretty thankful for your letter, Dad. It means a lot to me. :) I'll definitely try to open my mouth and talk to people. It's kind of hard sometimes, because I am pretty scared. That's what I've been trying to overcome lately. But I'll try my best, and I know the Lord will help with the parts that I can't do.
Today, we met our yakusokusha for 母の日, and he's way awesome. We gave him a Book of Mormon today, and then we went together to eat some Indo Curry. After that, Waterbury Choro and I went to get our hair cut at his dad's barber shop. He is way cool and he's progressing really well. He actually brought a friend to one of our last meetings, and that friend became a new investigator! pretty cool stuff!
Fun fact, in the backyard of our church building is Kakogawa Castle Ruins, and like, a cemetery and stuff. Pretty interesting. We passed it on the way to the church. Maybe you can find it on Google Earth or something.
So, I heard about the Boston Marathon thing. That's pretty scary! One of our investigators told us about it. What other crazy things are going on in the world?
Hmm.... I'm kind of at a loss of things to say. I'm glad that everyone enjoyed conference and such. The work here in Japan is definitely progressing. Sure, it might not be as fast as other places around the world, but we're doing pretty good as a mission. this past week, we had an average of about 6.4 lessons per companionship, which is cool because Waterbury Choro never saw it about 5 until just a few weeks ago.
Like I said, thanks for the package. I haven't gotten around to making any of the pasta yet though. You don't need to send any ramen though. It's waay better here in Japan. Even just the instant ramen is way good. ;) So, don't worry about that.
Hey, check out this smiley attack! Our cell phone does smilies like this! Because in Japan, they don't have text messages. They use emails, and cmails. Cmails are pretty much text messages, but way smaller, and emails are emails, but to a cell phone email thing... I'm not entirely sure about it, but yeah, there is that. Well, I guess I'll just leave it at that! I love you so much! Don't worry about me, I'm just working hard in Japan! well, I'll just leave it at that. Love you! See you! :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment