Mission Purpose

MISSION PURPOSE:

INVITE OTHERS TO COME UNTO CHRIST BY HELPING THEM RECEIVE THE RESTORED GOSPEL THROUGH FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AND HIS ATONEMENT, REPENTANCE, BAPTISM, RECEIVING THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST AND ENDURING TO THE END. Preach My Gospel, page1

Favorite Scripture

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some sould to repentance; and this is my joy.

Friday, February 1, 2013

Week 9



So. Here I am again, writing the weekly letter again. Seems like only last week. And yet, nothing really has happened. I'm glad that you liked the pictures. I figured it was about time to send that card off so that you could see what it's been like here. I'll try and get pictures with my teachers before I leave to Japan.
Speaking of going to Japan, it's in only two weeks!!!! Actually, two weeks from yesterday, which interestingly enough, was my two month anniversary of being a missionary. It's weird to think that I'm already 1/12 of the way done with my mission, and I haven't even set foot in Japan yet. Next week is my last P-day here in the US. As if it's not hard finding enough time on P-day as it is, I'll have to actually be worried about shopping for food and buying stuff to survive the week, while trying to write letters and going to see all the cool sights in Japan. I'm excited, but also a little terrified. I really don't know enough Japanese to survive in Japan. Plus it's going to be cold there, right? sounds like a party. Well, I'll learn Japanese soon enough I guess. I just need to trust in the Lord.
Those pictures of my friends were great! Its good seeing them all again. I'm so glad that all my friends are able to hang out without me and still have fun. (small inside joke reference) I think that it'll be awesome in two years when we can all get together and share awesome mission stories and stuff. But until then, I'm just going to work as hard as I can while I'm here.
Dad, I know you've always said that I've only got one gear. Well, I'll have you know that my record for putting on my suit was 1:27 after gym. It was pretty intense.
Anyway, want to hear something really awesome. Our investigator, Ohama Shimai got "baptized" on Saturday. It was pretty cool to be able to ask her the interview questions and everything. In two weeks, it'll be for real.
So today, all I've done is write letters. My plan was for at least 15 letters today, but I don't think I'll get all of those done. None of them are super long, so my apologies to people expecting more.
Is there a way for you to find the Mission home address for the Tokyo, Nagoya, and Fukuoka mission? I don't really have any friends going to Sendai or Sapporo, but some of my MTC friends are going to those missions, and so I can always write them sometime.
I miss you all, I love you all, but I wouldn't trade the experience I'm having for anything. It's been great. I can't wait to get to Japan, even if I can't speak the language, I'll definitely do everything I can. Maybe I'll buy one of those cool Densha-Jisho (electric dictionary) things sometime while I'm there. But yeah, it's exciting seeing people that I know from high school getting their calls, and even seeing some here! So far, I've heard of three other people from my high school getting called to Japan! But I'm the first one. One of them was actually called to Kobe, so that's cool.
But yeah, I love being a missionary. It'll be hard stepping out of my comfort zone and just talking to everyone I see in some foreign language, but when you step outside of the comfort zone, that's when miracles happen. I know I'll be able to learn the language, and I hope that I can work hard enough to become the missionary that the Lord and I both want me to become, and the missionary that the people in Japan need me to be.
Just think about it. In two weeks, this email will be coming to you on a Monday at like 1 in the morning. How exciting is that?
The MTC is fun, I'm going to Japan, I'm a missionary. in two weeks, I'll actually have some cool stories to write home about.
Anyway, I guess when in doubt, leave a smiley face attack.
well.... that was an effective use of my time. Anyway, あいしています、みなさん!
--- キャスパー長老



No comments:

Post a Comment