Mission Purpose

MISSION PURPOSE:

INVITE OTHERS TO COME UNTO CHRIST BY HELPING THEM RECEIVE THE RESTORED GOSPEL THROUGH FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AND HIS ATONEMENT, REPENTANCE, BAPTISM, RECEIVING THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST AND ENDURING TO THE END. Preach My Gospel, page1

Favorite Scripture

Alma 29:9

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some sould to repentance; and this is my joy.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Well, I'm in Japan!


So yeah, I'm here in Japan! it's way fun here. If only I could actually talk to people. Its actually pretty cold here, mostly because there are no heaters here or anything (just these small wimpy ones that they have on the walls. Most rooms have one, but our apartment only has one for the whole thing) so I'm glad that I got that hat that you sent me. I bought a bike the other day! It's really nice. I'll have to take a picture of it and send it. It actually took me two days to pay for the whole thing, because for some weird reason, my card didn't work. So we walked to a 7-11 (there are a ton of them in Japan) and used the ATM. But it only lets you pull out 30,000 yen a day, and my bike was a little under 60,000. But we bought it the second day. It was funny. In the bike store, they play American music. I thought that by going halfway around the world, I could get away from Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, and Call me Maybe. Nope, guess I thought wrong.

You want to hear about my plane ride here, but there wasn't really anything to say. the plane was kind of set up like this. |xx xXx xx| where the x's are seats, and the big one was mine. One person sat to my left, but immediately started watching movies and eventually fell asleep. Then another person moved over behind me and just fell asleep, so I didn't really get to talk to anyone. Eventually, I needed to go to the bathroom, so I woke up the person to my left and went, but when I came back, both the people were asleep again, and I felt bad about waking them up, so I sat on the row behind my seat. King choro was sitting there, and no one had sat next to him. The plane wasn't all the way full so there were actually a ton of empty seats. So I sat away from my seat for a long time, until one of the people by my seat got up to go to the bathroom. At this point, we only had like 30 minutes left in our flight, so I told King Choro that I was just going for it, and that it was my only chance. I got back to my seat finally and stayed there the rest of the time. It took forever to go through customs because they had to pull us aside and give us these foreigner cards. So yeah, that took awhile.

Anyway, now I'm in an area called Kakogawa. Its only half an hour away from Kobe. Its pretty fun here. I think that if we work hard, we're going to do some really cool things here. I plan on working hard, even though I barely speak the language at all. I'm not really used to just going out of my way and talking to people that I don't really know, but I'm sure that will come as I just work hard.

That's really sad about Jared's dad. I don't really know what to say. It's times like this that our knowledge of the Gospel, especially the Plan of Salvation, really helps us. That's just a huge shock. But hey, Jared, if you're reading this, I love you man. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Just keep working hard.

Hmm... 2 or 3 paragraphs about my Mission, well, I'll try.

Hello young men and young women of the Aspen stake! Obviously you're reading this because you're at the Becoming a Missionary thing the stake puts on. Let me just say right now, everything that anyone says about being a missionary is true. Sure sometimes it is hard, but it is way worth it. I'm pretty new here in Japan, and its evident when I try and talk to people, but I know that as I trust in the Lord and work hard, it'll come. So far, one of the big things that I've learned is the importance of trusting in the Lord. This is a big work, and there is no way any of us would be able to do it alone. But that's the great thing! We are not alone. This is God's work. He is here helping me, and helping every missionary in the field today.

In order to get all the help you can though, you need to help yourself. I don't have any crazy awesome mission stories yet, but I just came from three months of the MTC. If I could leave you with one piece of advice, I think I would tell you to start preparing now. I went to the Stake Mission Prep class before my mission. It helped me so much. I became comfortable teaching in English, and that is helping me as I try to teach in Japanese. Work hard right now so that when you have your mission call, when you're in the MTC, when you're in some foreign country, you have a foundation to build on. Don't be afraid to bear your testimony with anyone, and make sure that you read the Book of Mormon everyday. There is power in that book, and if you use it right, you can change lives.

Like I said earlier, missions can be hard sometimes. But it is so worth it. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. I love being a missionary, and I'm so excited for all of you. This is really the best time in the history of the world to be a missionary. The Lord is hastening his work. I'm excited about the age change, and all the people who are now going on missions. I'm so excited. Its like a wave, and you all are right on top of it. So work hard, and get out here. The marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

Well, alright, that's it. I really don't have anything else to say. I'll think of more as I go throughout this next week. I'll wrap this one up now. Well, I love you all! :D Until next week! :D:D:D:D:D:D:):):):):]:]:]:]:]:]:]

Here's some pictures of me and Waterbury Choro!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment